Re: [Roadsters] Gas tank repair?

To: Ned Coonen <ncoonen@fastbears.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Gas tank repair?
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:23:58 -0700
> Is there any hope for a gas tank with a loose baffle sliding around inside?

I actually had this problem, long long ago. First, let me point out that
my tank had been dry for YEARS, and had long ago outgassed any
vapors (even 'dry' tanks can hold hydrocarbons for quite a while, which
is one reason welding on a tank is so risky). Long story short,
with shears and vice-grips and days and days of work, I was able to
nibble it away thru the gas sender opening, one tiny chunk at a time.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do it again.
No... I'm SURE I wouldn't do it again :-)

Michael Spreadbury (spriso motorsports) may have some ideas. He
modfies the tanks for in-tank EFI pump setups, and knows how to
handle them.

-- John
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html