Re: [Roadsters] Time to install the engine/trans

To: <boakes@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Time to install the engine/trans
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:09:35 -0400
Bill,

  I have heard that it can be done either way, but at the race barn, we
ALWAYS mount the transmission to the engine PRIOR to installing.  One hint,
depending on your exhaust manifold/header, you may or may not want to leave
it off the engine while installing. Try without the header on, but check
fitment before bolting everything down. Same goes for the starter.  And we
mount the engine mounts to the frame first and set the engine on them.  We
also leave off the distributor and oil filter until the motor is sitting on
the mounts.  Saves from possibly damaging them.

Paul
Ohio
Sloan Racing