Re: [Roadsters] 67.5 solex and SU

To: <9laser3@bright.net>, <fj201@cox.net>, <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 67.5 solex and SU
From: Scott Sheeler <poontang188@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 17:40:26 -0400
Actually, the DATSUN Service Bulletin introducing the 1967 1/2 cars is more
specific about the change between Solexes and SU's.  There was a specific
production date cut-off in the spring of 1967 when DATSUN stopped installing
Solexes at the factory and replaced them with SU's.  It was based on date -
not a specific serial number or production count near as we can tell.  It just
so happens that the date cut-off was in the 200's of the car numbers.  It also
notes that the first production 2000 was SRL311-00003.

This information is included in the Service Bulletin reprint section of Part
III of The Datsun Roadster Book.

Scott Sheeler
http://thedatsunroadsterbook.com/