[Roadsters] Smoker

To: datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Smoker
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 06:18:33 -0500
  I tried sending this yesterday, but it didn't go.

  Try connecting an air compressor the #2 spark plug with both intake an
exhaust valves closed. Listen at the carb inlet, tail pipe, oil filler
and see if any air is escaping. Also check the cap on the thermostat
housing, looking for bubbles. Finally, spray the joint between the head
and block with soapy water and see if any bubbles are blown.

Good luck.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Eddie, On 8/16/2010 6:45 PM:
compression should be close to equal in all cylinders.

Clearly #2 has an issue.  It could be rings, OR it could be a bad valve
too.

Perhaps a valve isn't seating properly.  If you're lucky, it might be
just that.

Eddie

Dave Cooke wrote:
OK, Mike, this can't be good news...

this evenings Compression test results

Cylinder
1- 200
2- 70
3- 180
4- 190

Cylinder with oil
1-220
2-75
3-195
4-205

-Dave Cooke

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001