Re: [Roadsters] Custom Making an Interior

To: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Custom Making an Interior
From: Fred Katz <roadster@astound.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:40:45 -0700
I've done this wih my cars - does save a lot of money, and you can use any
color material you find. Part of my 66 interior has stars & stripes material
as a patriotic theme.

For the "cardboard like" material, you can soak it in water, then shape it for
curves and bends. Dry it with a heat gun. I've used contact cement similar to
3M, Grip, thinly applied to both surfaces. After mating surfaces roll with a
wooden roller to smooth them out.

Fred - So.SF

On Aug 18, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com> wrote:

> Thought I'd share this info, as it saved me a TON of $$$.
>
> (And since some like to accuse me of never contributing...which I find
hysterical for numerous reasons... anyway)

> Custom Interior.
>
> Home Depot sells the thin "cardboard like" fiber panel.  It's about 1/8" to
3/16" thick.  Brown.  Same material as "pegboard" but without the holes.  One
4 x 4 sheet should do the entire car.

> < snip >

> Hope that helps!
> From Eddie,