[Roadsters] reply: clutch adjust

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] reply: clutch adjust
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS)" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:38:19 -0500
The grinding in ALL gears is symptomatic of the clutch not disengaging
gears completely.
If pedal movement vs slave cylinder rod movement is a 1:1 ratio (meaning
no delay when pedal is moved before action down below), then the seals
in one of them are bad.
Some of the more hydraulic experienced (translated as: ex-Navy) may
correct me, but I have found that if the seals in the master are shot,
the fluid is being lost inwards on the inside of the firewall. (I
noticed having slippery bits on the toes of my shoes)

If the master is slipping, when you depress the pedal several times, you
will probably get different levels of slave rod movement. (more, less,
less , more)
If the salve is bad, you will probably just not get enough stroke, and
the spring tension of the return spring should shove the arm gradually
back into resting place (fluid pressure being lost past the seals).
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive