Re: [Roadsters] Harbor Freight engine stand

To: "'Datsun Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Harbor Freight engine stand
From: "Joe Russo" <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:32:58 -0400
I used my HF stand for many year and engines (U20, R16 and a L18) - no
issues.

I also use their movers dollies to store engines on - these are made of
thick plastic or wood (depending on the load rating) and have 360 degree
pivoting metal wheels on each corner.  This allows you to push them around
and easily attach a hoist.  You can do top end work on them too if you don't
mind sitting or kneeing. You might need to use a few 2x4 wood cross members
to keep certain parts of the pan and crank from carrying the load.

Joe