[Roadsters] 1966 SPL311 - 1600 for sale

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] 1966 SPL311 - 1600 for sale
From: "Robb Shannon" <speeddemonrs@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:13:41 -0700
Hi group ~

It saddens me to announce that I too am needing to sell my beloved vehicle.
I have had it for about 2 years and have completed some of the "preferred"
upgrades. The car is now a bit more reliable with the GM alternator
conversion, and Volvo brakes. I still have all the parts and pieces
necessary (Original generator and front calipers) to convert it back if
anyone should want to do that.

I have pictures up on Picasa,
http://picasaweb.google.com/Robbthehandyguy/Datsun#
<http://picasaweb.google.com/Robbthehandyguy/Datsun>

If the link does not work, please contact me directly, and I will send you
something that does.

The car has an R16 engine with SU's and a 4 speed transmission. Engine
rebuilt in 1999.

Interior needs some attention as the seats are original, but the drivers
seat has a large rip in the seat portion, right down the middle.

I also have a set of doors for the car, as the current doors have rust at
the bottom of the wing windows, and will need to be replaced. Floors
throughout are sound as is the trunk. Car starts up with little effort.
There are some teeth missing on the flywheel, so occasionally it is
necessary to move the car in gear to get it to sync with the starter. I do
have a new / used perfect condition flywheel ready to go on. I purchased the
car with a white hardtop as well, have never had it on the car, or even
anywhere near the car, so I don't know much about it.

All chrome is there and is in OK condition. I hate the wheels and had been
looking for some very inexpensive stock wheels to go onto to it, but just
never had the funds to make it happen.

I bought the car about 1 month before getting laid off, and have not had any
steady work since then. The time has come to let her go to someone who has
the funds to take her to the next level. I don't believe it would take much,
but I need to make the mortgage, and this is one more luxury I need to give
up at this time.

Contact me with questions, I am sure there will be some, and I can always
take more pictures of whatever it is you may like to see.

Thanks for taking the time to look, and if you know of anyone looking for a
good solid place to start with a great little Datsun Fairlady, pass this
email along.

Much appreciated ~

Robb Shannon

1966 Datsun SPL 311 - 1600