Re: [Roadsters] bleeders

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@comcast.net>, "'datsun-roadsters:
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] bleeders
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:12:56 -0800
Thanks for all the help everyone!

As far as the bleeders go, I am wondering about the bleeders on the clutch and
slave. A speed bleeder under the middle of the car (on the slave obviously)
will save this aging back and crappy knees from the constant need to crawl
under the car to bleed the clutch hydraulics.

PEACE :-)

Tim
Dairyland Datsuns

---- Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@comcast.net> wrote:

=============
If you keep a light coat of oil on it, that will keep it from rusting. Just
clean it off thoroughly before you install it.

I always have flywheels magnafluxed to check for cracks. It's not expensive
and it's cheap insurance.

The brake bleeders are different. I know the attachment won't come through
on the list, but Tim will see it. The front bleeder is on the left.

Description for everyone else: the front bleed screw has a flat end that
pushes up against a steel ball (like a bb). The rear bleed screw has a
pointed end and no bb.

Gordon Glasgow