Re: [Roadsters] Engine overhaul kits

To: David Boerst <dboerst@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Engine overhaul kits
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:51:05 -0500
 David Boerst -

I want to do a complete over haul on my wifes' 1966 "Orange Burst"
(Google Orange Burst). Does anyone know where to buy a complete kit?
Any high performance parts? I have a set of headers.

+++++++++++++++++++

David, you didn't say if the car's a 1600 or 2K, but regardless I'd
suggest you give serious consideration to an SR20 swap. A complete
rebuild of either the R-16 or U-20 is not going to be cheap and when
you're finished you have new 45 year old technology. I'd contact Les
at Classic Datsun and Michael Spreadbury at Spriso to get an idea of
the relative costs.

If you want to stay stock, that's fine but it'd gonna cost. If you do
an SR swap you have more modern technology (like EFI vs carbs), more
power and better economy, plus you can sell you OEM power train and
defray a large portion of the cost of the swap.

FWIW,
Ron
I'd be doing that if I was going to keep my '70 2000.
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive