[Roadsters] Fwd: another on Hemmings for $18K

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Fwd: another on Hemmings for $18K
From: Dogermac <dogermac@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 08:35:27 -0400 (EDT)
 Wow.  Can I ask why the disparaging assault on the Hemmings car?  Yes, we can
all see that it is not an "as new" restoration but is a very pretty daily
driver.  How upset would you be if it had an SR20 or later engine or after
market wheels or sound system.  Should we measure the intakes to insure it
hasn't been improved a bit?
     Let's lighten up a bit on those who don't see our hobby as a contest to
see who can best restore all the shortcomings our cars came with.  If you
choose to restore to "actual new" as one recent seller did and ask $35K - - -
WONDERFUL, now we have another real benchmark for those who need one.  For me,
I prefer my daily driver (every day) and plenty of non original parts.
Modified SU's and port polish and relieve, electronic ignition, hotter coil
and newer adjustable regulator, GM alternator, electric pusher fan up front
etc, etc.
     Seems our list is made up of all aspects of Datsun friends, and our cars
weren't all alike even when new,
Jim in Sarasota
'70 SRL