Re: [Roadsters] question about hood latch assembly

To: Dave <dave@ranteer.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] question about hood latch assembly
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:20:33 +1030
On 30/03/2011 5:57 AM, Dave wrote:
> o;?am I right in thinking this does not get painted?  should I clear coat it
> to protect it from rust?  or keep it heavily lubed? should I paint it anyway?
> Ibm not that concerned with originality.
>
> and it seems like when you move the latch assembly, the bhookb moves into
> the latch, then back out.  whatbs the best way to adjust this?  how should I
> have it positioned when I attach the cable?
>
> and yes, I know about the secondary cable.  I plan to do that
>
> (early 67 roadster)
>
> thanks!!!!!
The hood/bonnet latch assy. on my '65 was plated.
If that is the way that you want to go, you can drill out the original
rivets, dissemble, plate and re-assemble.
I used some large diam. pop rivets to assemble.
Use a generous dose of PH grease on the internals.
Move the catch arm until the cam is visible through the pin window.
Clamp the release cable to the arm when it is in that position.
Then, when you pull the release cable, the arm locks onto the lower pin,
tensions the spring and the cam moves out of the window.
They could have made it more complicated but the Design Engineer ran out
of time:-D
Pics. just for you ;-)
Let me know if you need any thing else, but NOT $;-)

--
Regards,
Graeme Suckling

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Body
catch complete.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Body
catch.jpg]

bonnet latch 003.jpg]
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html