[Roadsters] Wow what strange failure. I need a crank pulley for an

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Wow what strange failure. I need a crank pulley for an
From: "Walter Peterson" <Walter.Peterson@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 18:57:47 -0700
I've never seen a pulley fracture circling the crank boss.  It also had 2
radial cracks getting ready to complete their path through the belt
V-groove.

I'm glad it didn't explode on me or leave me stranded somewhere. This was a
stamped sheet metal pulley, welded to a machined boss.

This is likely to be one of those harmonically induced failures I've heard
about, and why some later Z pulleys were rubber isolated trying to resolve
the problems.

There was once an "under-drive" piece from Nissan.  It probably fit an early
snowplow or forklift.

I would rather have a single groove cast pulley if it would fit.  Of course
I'll take any part that would work, to get it back on the road.

Thank you,

Walt Peterson

Santa Barbara CA

66 R20 Racehead w/44's.