Re: [Roadsters] aftermarket ammeter in early 67 roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] aftermarket ammeter in early 67 roadster
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 15:32:51 +0930
On 10/07/2011 11:02 AM, oliver wrote:
> I'm connecting an aftermarket ammeter in the car from the alternator
> back to a power pole.  it has a plus sign on one terminal.
>
> which side should I plug into the plus terminal?
>
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/graemes@internode.on.net

The gauge + goes to the POSITIVE/RED terminal.
Bear in mind that if connected in reverse, a centre zero gauge like the
Ammeter, will simply read backwards, i.e. it will show a discharge when
it should be showing a charge.
DO NOT connect to Ammeter before the starter motor, it won't handle the
current drawn by that.
The Ammeter when connected properly just displays the current drawn from
the battery [DISCHARGE] or fed into the battery [CHARGE].

--
Regards,
Graeme Suckling

datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net