Re: [Roadsters] battery tender

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] battery tender
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 09:25:55 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks to all who replied....

A few answers to various questions:

The battery is good. I have had it tested three times: twice with small
hand held units at two different FLAPS and once on some unit that took
an hour to fully test.

The tender I am using is a Battery Tender "junior" that is connectted
directly to the battery using alligator clamps. I will most likely
switch to the directly wired pig tails.

Upon closer inspection I found that the car's negative battery terminal
wire was slightly lose. This was probably causing the hot condition at
the wall plug.

The alternator is a one wire GM unit with less than 5000 miles on it. I
suspect that the alt is the weak link in my car's charging system here
as I am no longer happy with the mounting (pulley slightly off perfect
allignment) arrangment. I will be fixing this soon.

Thanks again for all replies.

Tim