[Roadsters] KA24E missing?

To: "'datsun-roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] KA24E missing?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:52:29 -0400
  Last ice cream run, I hit a lousy patch of gravel road on a detour and
shook the heck out of my roadster.  Right after that, the KA started missing
at anything over easy acceleration and over 2800 rpms.  I checked the wires
to all the sensors and everything seems okay.

  Today I changed the fuel filter thinking that a 40+ year old gas tank
probably had some crud shake loose, but the filter was clean.  And while it
was in the garage, I flushed out the cooling system.  Took it for a brief
ride, and it is still missing.

  I pulled the plugs as soon as I got it back in the garage.  Oddly, 1 and 3
look perfect while 2 & 4 are clean, dry, but the top half of the insulator
is black while the tip is a nice clean ash color.

  Any thoughts what I should look for?  (Besides a R16 to put back in it!)

Paul

Ohio

datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html