Re: [Roadsters] screw thread size for hitachi carbs

To: "robert williams" <wilrobasy@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] screw thread size for hitachi carbs
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 22:29:33 -0500
Rob,

I always thought they were a Whitworh Standard (English) thread, but the
last time this question came up, I think I was told something different.
Suffice it to say they're not SAE or metric.  Since these carbs are made
under license from SU, and most of the parts are interchangeable, Moss
Motors might be able to provide the right screws.  If Keith Olan is awake
out there, he'll know.  Wait to see what you get back from others.  And, I'd
like to know the answer if you get it directly (no copy to the List).

Gary