Re: [Roadsters] Head Gasket Replacement

To: Joe Russo <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>, John Stromgren <lutepisk@gmail.com>, Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Head Gasket Replacement
From: Stan Chernoff via Datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 06:51:05 -0800
It is not necessary to remove the timing cover in
order to change the head gasket.  Head gasket
surface on the block and the top of the timing
cover are at the same level.  Just remove the
nuts on the studs on the top of the timing cover.

Recommend using a late genuine Nissan gasket that
has seals in critical areas.  Inspect head for
corrosion near water passages.  If corrosion is
severe it is necessary to repair head.  Do put
engine at TDC so dowel screw on cam sprocket is at 12:00 O'clock.

I can supply new Nissan head gasket.  I also have
new timing gear sets available with guide, tensioners, chains and sprockets.

Stan
///