Re: [Roadsters] 2-litre Roadster vs Porsche 911 of the day?

To: Jerry Krakauer <jsk977@optonline.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, datsun-roadsters-bounces@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 2-litre Roadster vs Porsche 911 of the day?
From: Gary McCormick via Datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 15:51:23 -0800
Thanks, guys. Interesting history stuff.

One thing that I got out of the Jay Leno video was the relative
simplicity of boosting the early 911â??s air-cooled boxer engine. His
builder swapped in larger-bore cylinders and pistons and a longer-stroke
crank to increase the displacement to 2.5L, and added high-performance
heads (dual-plug, larger valves).

Cheers,
Gary McCormick
â??701 2000 SRL311-13291