fot

Re:

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: Re:
From: Marc Robertson <marc@blackberry-ridge.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:40:47 -0600
Alexander Joseph H wrote:

> Below is the website & Tentative Midwest Council Race Schedule for 1997.
> If there was anyone coming from afar to join us at the International
> Challenge, a companion race might be July  12-13 at  Blackhawk Farms.
> Not terribly exciting compared to the bigger events, but acceptable.

    <major snip>

I guess I remain puzzled as to why Midwest Council events are largely
ignored for vintage racing.  The weekend at Road America (Aug. 23 - 24)
and the weekend in the fall (Loong Race, Oct. 18 - 19) at Blackhawk
Farms are good "track time for the dollar" events.  There sometimes
aren't as many in the vintage class as we would like, especially open
wheel, but it does seem like a "chicken & egg" problem; if more open
wheel people came, we would have our own session (already allowed for in
the schedule) and there would be a lot of happy racers.  Just curious.

Marc Robertson
marc@blackberry-ridge.com