fot

Re: Triumph Books-reply

To: FOT@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph Books-reply
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 97 12:36:49 EST
Hi all,
    Since there's been a lot of interest in the old
Standard/Triumph promo movies, I asked Andy Mace
about the status of the Delaware Valley Triumphs
compilation video that included quite a few of the
old movies, including "the White Wave" and the
tale of the Heralds across Africa.  This was a
two video compilation, and cost $75 for the pair
when they were last available.  At the time, they
seemed expensive, but I was glad that I'd gotten
them - they've been immensely entertaining.

Anyway, an excerpt from Andy's response follows - maybe
if we can show enough interest, the VTR could re-introduce
these as part of the Regalia Department and offer the tapes
for sale again.
                    include file
On Mar 7, 10:46am, Andrew Mace wrote:
> John, this came up a few years ago (I think I raised the question, in
> fact). Here's some mail I saved (what a packrat!) for an historical
> perspective (AN historical perspective? Geesh!). Maybe it's time to raise
> the question again with good old Al! ;-)
> >From: "Montiegel, M, C" <MNTGMC@BBMS.IAC.HONEYWELL.COM>
> >From:  Cathy Montiegel & Alan Stryeski
>
> Alan and I were both involved in the original video project undertaken by
> DVT.  Many of the original movies were loaned to us from Leonia (Triumph
HQ)
> and were returned.  We have no knowledge as to the whereabouts of the
> originals.  Some of the racing footage was borrowed from Quaker State.
>
> Prior to making and selling copies we obtained permission from all sources.

>  Considering the poor quality of the original films, due to age and
> brittleness, the videos were actually quite good.  Also, considering the
> length (approx. 4 hours) and rare footage, we considered the price to be
> reasonable.  (Videos I and II, $75.)
>
> We have no knowledge of any TR7/8 TV commercials.  Maybe Mike Cook could
> answer that question.
>
> As to the status of the video project, sales tapered off.  Frequently after

> one club member bought a set, multiple copies were made for friends and
> other club members.  There was no way for us to really control this.  Alan
> has master copies and this project could be handled through VTR Regalia.
>
> Cathy & Alan
cheers,

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU