fot

How Big a Bore

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: How Big a Bore
From: "Henry Morrison" <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 97 17:12:09 UT
Thank you for all your respnses on my request for information on Boring out my
TR3.  One response I found interesting mentioned that oversizing beyond 87 mm
went beyond the "Spirit of Vintage Racing".  Well I always thought that TR3's
came standard with 83 mm pistons giving a displacement of 1991 cc's. I
understand that there were a few TR3's that got a TR4 Motor and a few early
TR4's that got the 1991 cc unit.  Nonetheless I originally rebuilt my engine
with the original 83mm liners and enjoyed occaisionally defeating other TR's
with the bigger motor.  But soon race officials in both RMVR and VARA would no
longer believe my registration forms when I declared that I had a 1991 cc
engine and instead always list my car on the entry lists as having a 2138.  So
why keep them as liars.  Being somewhat, shall I say annoyed with the way
things go in the vintage groups I deal with I salute those who cling to the
way the cars were raced in the FIFTIES.

Sermon Over     Henry