fot

Poker Rally-Wisconsin

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Poker Rally-Wisconsin
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:52:42 -0500
Triumph Rally Report- (so what if it's not racing)

On Sunday, Linda & I joined a Dubuque area British Club for their first
outing of the year. Delightful group and it was nice to roll down the
roads of Wisconsin after a long winter. I need to wring out the TR3 and
test it's mettle abit...there is a longer trip for it in the offing when
we head for the Pacific Northwest.

There were two TR6s, Two Spitfires, and one TR7, in addition to our TR3.
There are reports of TR4s in the area, but none appeared.

Perhaps one high point of the rally is in order. As Linda and I left a
tavern stop, we both spotted a nicely turned out red truck with a very
nice company logo on the side that said "Crack Filling Service". We both
looked at each other at the same time, knowingly, and started to laugh.

Let me digress: A couple years ago a well know TR3 racer immortalized
the posterior of another well known TR4 racer with a deliberate camera
shot as he worked bent over his TR4. This "Beady Eyed" TR3  racer made
our TR4 friend into a Poster Person indicating that one should, "SAY NO
TO CRACK". He took this large poster and posted it at Road America
during a major event.

(Moral: If you are a 'friend of triumph' and you visit us in the
Heartland, you will have a great time, but beware of being caught in the
gaze of the 'beady eye')

Finally, we drove 375 miles with 200 hundred of it coming & going to the
event.  It was 54 degrees and raining a bit at 9:00pm when we drove into
Cedar Falls without the top, but worth the trip. Nice people, good
restaurant...thanks for the invitation, Paul Fitzsimmons.

The Manteno Brothers, along with Petrolati and other ISOA members should
come this way for one of these. A Mr. Mitchell was there from ISOA.

Later.....