fot

More from Russ Moore (& More)

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: More from Russ Moore (& More)
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 15:04:27 -0500
FOT Listers, et. al.

Russ expanded on his accident at the Jeff 500. He also mentions a source
of axles.

Thanks to HP for sharing "rax" information.

I have been torquing the rear axle nut to 110 foot lbs and then
redrilling the cotter pin hole, if necessary, rather than going light or
heavy on the torque. Some, I understand will change the thickness of the
big washer to di the same thing.

Russ was on the FOT list at one time. Somehow names get blown away from
time to time. Bill Burroughs was on the list at one time, too. I suspect
AOL problems and a full mailbox may have done him in.

A short report on SVRA's meet at Road America indicated that there were
no TR3s or TR4s on the track for this event. Most were at Gingerman or
lurking in the garage. Mr. Biever's very nice (& fast) Austin Healey
went over on it's head. I only mention this because this seems to add to
a high percentage of rollovers this weekend. Not good.

Jeff S. ....when you get a moment, please shoot me an e-mail. Yes I am
rebuilding my Personal Address Book again as now I am PC based instead
of MAC and the addresses were not transfered. I sent the wheels with Les
Gonda and wonder what the status of delivery is.

Later,

Joe