fot

Re: High speed pwr loss

To: vinttr4@FORBIN.COM
Subject: Re: High speed pwr loss
From: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 09:31:28 -0700
Have also had similar problems with high speed miss a number of times as
engine development has edged forward over the years.  I'm sure it's
caused by increasing fuel consumption.

Still running SU's thru this whole story by the way.

First it was as Jack has written, just not enough umph from the little
facet pump.  Went to a carter rotary pump in the trunk next to the fuel
cell and a regulator under the hood near the engine.  Grose jets in the
carbs worked well until the next little set of head work and then we
think the problem became not enough flow thru the jets.  Now using a
viton needle setup in the carb bowl, it seems to easily hold back the 3
psi or so the regulator is set to.  On rare occation they will get a
little junk stuck and not seal well but we are living with that
aggravation.

And our most recent problem seems to be not enough air flow.  High speed
problems clear up if we take the air cleaner material out of the little
half dome shape cleaners we have.  They look very period but I worry
about running with no aircleaners, particularly since we have rather
sandy soil here in Florida.

mike jackson