fot

Timing Chain Tensioner

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Timing Chain Tensioner
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 15:17:27 -0500
It seems simple enuf.

The rattling noise I hear at the front of the my TR3A engine is likely a
broken 'leaf" from the tensioner. However it occurs to me that I
replaced this part when I did an engine swap a few years ago. It also
occurs to me that the noise never really did go away. Now it is noisier
than ever and I expect to pull the front end off of the TR3 this winter
and get some relief. Besides it is embarrassing...especially after 8,000
miles of touring this summer

Before I do this, is there something I am missing. Could it be something
else?...although I have investigated other moving parts. Could I have
installed it wrong?... even tho there is really one way to put it in.

I've done about 10 of these engines including a couple that are race
prepared, but there is always something lurking out there that I dont
know about. part of the charm of a Triumph.

Any insight from anyone will be appreciated.

Alexander Racing & Touring Society