fot

Understeer-TR4

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Understeer-TR4
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:57:32 -0500
FOT,

I experienced pronounced understeer in the Carousel at Road America
during BRIC. (Son Sean said he didnt experience it so much at the
Carousel, but did experience some in the Kink)

It didnt do this before with the BFGs and now the tires are Hoosiers.
The only other change I can think of is that I put SPACERS on the front
increasing the width by one inch and Sean disabled the sway bar at
Blackhawk Farms and it was this way at Road America.

I just put the link back in the sway bar and I am planning to play with
the tire pressures. What effect do you supose the increased moment arm
on the front suspension and sway bar would bring? I did have to  add a
bit of fluid to the rear shocks but dont think this is affecting
anything very much.

Any suggestions? I'd like to go back to more neutral cornering. It is
less apparent or non-existent at Turn 5 which is a sharp left hander. I
only ran 5 laps, but Sean & I got down down to 3:00 & 3:02,
respectively, which is 2-3 seconds off of our pace last year. Frankly,
we are pretty happy with the lap times, but I sure would like to feel
better about the handling.

At least I am trying to quit whining about the change of tires and do
something about it.

Regards,

Joe