fot

tr3/tr4 axles

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: tr3/tr4 axles
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:10:00 -0400
hello to the group.  i have followed the axle saga with interest and
have the following proposal.  the problem with the axle/hub assy is
probably due to the tapered shaft where it ataches the rear flanged
hub.  i spoke with several automotive design /mfg. firms, as well as
racers and we all came up with the same conclusion.  get rid of the
tapered fit into the rear hub.  the mgb racers, scca national level with
big aggressive slicks, don't have this problem.  the mgb uses a rear hub
that bolts on similar to the tr but the hub attaches with external
splines on the axle (internal splines on the hub)  hardy still uses the
tr setup but he examines his car on a VERY REGULAR basis.  anyhow, the
simple answer to the problem is to go to a rear axle s\design that has a
splined hub attachment.  granted, a "full floater" diff would be nice,
but these are not grand national stock cars.  if you have interst in
this, please let me know.  the tentative price would be approx. $250 per
side, based on doing a minimum run of 10 pcs.  questions gladly
answered.  production time is now at 12 weeks.  this time will remain
about the same until the first of the year and then cold be longer. the
comany makes nascar and indy car pieces so the nearer to the '98 race
season the worse it could become.  thanks for your time. ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive

For the finest in British car apparel, accessories and
regalia, be sure to check with our MotoringXtras store.
We also have an extensive line of Black & White
checkered race-theme apparel.  Same address and phones.
Check it out!!!