fot

Re: Wheel value?

To: vinttr4@FORBIN.COM
Subject: Re: Wheel value?
From: Valerie Lopez <val_lopez@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 21:15:42 -0800
Jack W Drews wrote:

> Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> > What I have is a set of 4 of the American Racing
> > 8 spoke magnesium wheels, 15 x 5, no matching lug nuts, none of the
>thread-on spinners.
> > What are they worth, $100 each, $200 each?

> This is a tempatation that I am going to resist. According to my meager
> library, wheels such as this were fitted to the Triumph TR4 Rallye cars
> when shipped to North America to compete in the Trans Canadian Rally.

Yup, and were available from the dealers as part of the "competition
accessories" as I understand it.

> hey Mark do you suppose Rivington would be interested?

Well, they're not all that rare, although they are quite desirable.
I know of two sets around here (although they're not for sale as
far as I know) - Chip Bond has a set of four, and I do too.  I'd
be curious as to what they're worth though.

later,
John Lye (responding from Val's account)