fot

Re: Electronic ignition

To: vinttr4@FORBIN.COM
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 00:32:51 -0700 (MST)
I'm a big fan of the Crane HI-6 unit.  Modern microprocessor electronics,
built in rev limiter, ability to trigger from various sources, like points,
optical distributor or crank triggered magnetic sensor.  So far the only
problem I've encountered with any of the units has been an installation
error by a clueless twit who shall remain nameless for the duration of this
note.  It involved not tying back the trigger wire from the points securely,
but leaving it loose enough so that it caught on a clamp bolt on the steering
column, and in the middle of a vigourous turn the engine died.  Hee hee.

mjb.