fot

Racing TR-8 to Winona

To: tedtsimx@bright.net
Subject: Racing TR-8 to Winona
From: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 18:39:50 -0800
Ted,

I just got home from seeing the TR-8's I was telling you about.  I said
they were raced in the Trans-Am circuit, I was wrong.  These are the ex-
Ken Slagle TR-8's.  The 1981 SCCA C production National Champion
convertible, and the coupe with only 4 races under it's belt.  He also
purchased the "Wedge" trailer the cars were carried in.  The convertible
was wrecked at Road Atlanta in 1984 during the famous 20 car pile up in
the GT-1 race.  The car has been in storage ever since.  The frame has
already been straightend.  His goal is to bring it to VTR next year,
hopefully in the wedge trailer.  It came with a group 44, four liter
engine along with 5 extra blocks and cranks.  All the molds for the body
panels, lots and lots of extra wheels.  Even a video tape of the cars in
action, including the pile up.  I took a few pictures of the cars.  When
I get them developed I will scan them and send you the images.  This
fellow also has a "GREAT" sounding Triumph TR-5!!
Also thanks for the great offer on those starters.  They are the nicest
starters I have seen for TR's.  Very impressive strength and small!

Pat in NC