fot

Re: Z cars [was Re: Christmas Garage Sale]

To: Catpusher <Catpusher@AOL.COM>
Subject: Re: Z cars [was Re: Christmas Garage Sale]
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:50:42 +0500 (EST)
On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Catpusher wrote:

> <<  240Z I've ever driven did and still does belong
>  to the other Hardly Boy, >>
>
> <snip>  Glad that Hardly was spelled carefully!
>
> BTW to compare the above car to a GT6 or an E type (earlier post)
> ignores the fact that the GT6 and E Type are both above comparison.
> Not to mention that they are our daily drivers!

Agreed. I should have worded the original message more clearly. When I
said: "I will offer that the early 240Z is one heck of a fun car to
drive. Kind of half-way between a GT6 and an E-type Coupe'...", I should
have noted that I was only trying to place the Z in scale or proportion,
not necessarily a "pecking order"! Yes, a Z is a heck of a lot of fun to
drive. So is a '58 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser, in its own way, or an Isetta.
Doesn't mean I want to own either of them. ;-)

> In closing, I can only suggest that D Quale and the Pope get dragged
> into this discussion
>
> posted from unknown source

Update: I've contact the Messrs. Cochran and Bailey. I again deny having
ever been in an Arkansas hotel room with anyone, and I'd finish this note
now, save for the fact that I hear Jimmy Olsen's signal-ray wristwatch
calling me....

Sup, whoops, Clark Kent