fot

Keeping the cooling "beverages" inside

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Keeping the cooling "beverages" inside
From: baxter Culver <102247.2323@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 21:52:41 -0500
It is rapidly approaching the time when the heart of the Peyote must be
exposed to the elements and it's propensity (recently acquired) to ralph
coolant  onto the track at a most un-propitious time (usually about 3 laps
from the end of the race).    Most recently Peyote did it again at the
Monterey Historics.  It did result in a rather nice show, me spinning down
the corkscrew while others did it properly.
Ken Gillanders advises 20 guage copper wire around the circumfrence of the
steel shim head gasket "bores".    If so, does one overlap the wire, butt
end it, twist the joint  (there's a thought) or what?    What do others do.
   It is unseemly, spilling and spinning.    By the way, I've put over 5
seasons on the same set-up without a problem.    Last time apart, the head
checked out straight, and the barrels haven't been disturbed for more than
5 years.  I have replaced the steel shim, the studs, and the tall nuts.
Am close to considering a small block, aluminum buick V8, circa 1962.
Afraid the rivets would fall out!!
Peyote needs advise--or a better wrench.