fot

Re: 1998 Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction (Scottsdale)

To: BillDentin@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: 1998 Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction (Scottsdale)
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:08:37 +0500 (EST)
On Thu, 5 Feb 1998 BillDentin@aol.com wrote:

> My God!
>
> Maybe we are finally achieving acceptability!
>
> Last month a 1967 Triumph TR4A, in Class III condition, was sold at the
> Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction for $16,500.00.  As they said when Lady
> Godiva rode side-saddle through the streets of Coventry, "HOORAY FOR OUR
> SIDE!"...
>
> Who'd thought?

Indeed, Bill. Actually, this worries me a bit. Are we headed for another
one of those upward surge, then mighty crash cycles in collector car
"values"? Or should we just count this incident as an isolated one? As
much as I've always loved the Michelotti-bodied TRs, I can't imagine them
suddenly being worth this kind of money, especially in less-than-top
condition!

OTOH, wonder what this could do for values of other Michelotti designs,
such as Heralds? :-)

--Andy