fot

Tire Deals

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire Deals
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:12:54 -0600
Hi all!

I wasn't sure if I wanted to broadcast this to the autox list (more
availability for us!), but certainly wanted to make ya'll aware of this
guy.  He sells "used" tires in the back of SportsCar, and I was turned
on to him by the PO of the race Spit.  His name is John Berget, and his
phone number is 414/740-0180.  He sells this year's race tires in all
sizes and compounds, and at $35 for half rubber, $40-45 for 3/4 to full
rubber, and $50 for full rubber, per tire, the prices can't be beat!  I
think he sells new tires to teams and takes trade-ins on their old
ones.  I ordered a set of 200/550-13 cantilevers for the Spit and he
threw in a spare single he had for free.  He will give you a discount
with volume orders (I ordered rain tires -- he has them in similar
cantilevers too! -- and he is giving me a discount when they come in,
due to my ordering the slicks).  Now is the best time to get tires from
him, since the north hasn't really started their full seasons and the
demand hasn't ramped up yet, and he asks for about 2-3 weeks leeway
later in the season, if you can do that.

He's a real nice guy to talk to.  He sends tires COD so you can preview
them, and will take back or exchange whatever is wrong or you don't
like.

If you order from him or talk to him, please tell him I referred you --
he will like to know where his business is coming from (and maybe he'll
give me a break later on...! ;)

Keep Triumphing,
Susan    :)