fot

tips needed for removing cylinder liners

To: Malaboge@aol.com, emanteno@ix.netcom.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: tips needed for removing cylinder liners
From: TR3197 <TR3197@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 22:56:09 EST
Nick of North Cal strums a familiar tune...Heat....

Heat, pressure, & time is a physical universal...ok a lever helps too, but
that is pressure.

Irv I have an aluminum block generated by #1 offspring, Sean. It has the I.D
of a cylinder liner...perhaps a bit smaller than needed, but I have never
failed in removing cylinder liners with this tool.

The good news is that I transfered a block, cylinder liners, and a flywheel to
Uncle Jack today and he will be hot on the trail of your quest for greatness
again on  Monday.

The block is from our 1966 TR4A which has great sentimental value to the
Alexander family. It has been in the family since 1969, was driven to high
school by Sean, saw service in the venerable TR3A....ad nauseum.

It is yours now...and just think, this block will carry on the proud Alexander
Racing name with sub 3:00 minute laps at Road America.

Of course this almost brings tear to my eyes...almost, but not quite.

BTW, this is really going to cost you....maybe a hot fudge sunday or
something.

Joe....

we are going to have a goood summmer, FOT