fot

Re: Decals

To: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Subject: Re: Decals
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:36:35 +0500 (EST)
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Jeff Snook wrote:

> Hi Joe and FOTers,
>
> Well, here are a few photos of the new "baby."  Hopefully they got scanned in
>OK
> and transmit to everyone.  Looks like the maiden voyage will be at the Walter
> Mitty the end of April.  Going to do a test day and then the race.

Jeff, what a gorgeous car! Makes me sick to think about the Devin body I
happened on many years ago and ultimately traded for an electric chain
hoist (which I needed a lot more at the time).

It was interesting, though. Apparently the body I had was once installed
on some sort of RHD chassis (MG-TC perhaps; but something with a wheelbase
about 3-4" longer than a TR.) Of course, this would have left the headrest
fairing on the "passenger" side, so whoever built the car duplicated the
fairing for a "matched pair"! It was such a good job that one could only
tell it wasn't "original" by looking underneath the body; the new fairing
sat on the rear deck. The original fairing, of course, was molded into the
deck and was "hollow" underneath.

Wonder where it ended up?

--Andy