fot

Cam Timing

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam Timing
From: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 21:44:04 -0400
Amici,
A couple of months ago I rebuilt the head on my TR-4.  While I was at it I
replaced the timing chain.  Yes, great care was taken to not rotate
anything whilst the chain was removed.  The performance of the engine was
not nearly as great an improvement as I had wished for and now I'm
concerned that somehow I slipped a cog on the timing chain.  The engine
starts on the first compression stroke and runs up to redline smoothly but
without much oomph.  I keep fooling with the timing to keep the pinging at
bay, which a new problem I attributed to higher compression, but something
untoward is afoot.
Whatch you guys think?  Have I slipped a cog?
Richard Taylor, Atlanta