fot

Roller rocker advice needed

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roller rocker advice needed
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 14:24:50 -0500
Hi all!

I have a question (I know you're wondering, "When does she NOT have a
question?!") about rocker assemblies.  I have heard from several Triumph
folks that hardened or roller assemblies are not the way to go in a
Triumph race engine, since they won't break and forestall more extensive
damage to the engine like the stock assembly does.  I talked to Bob
Weber, who is a performance machine shop guy here in Dallas, who knows
Triumphs, and he recommends a roller rocker setup -- something about
aluminum bushings and the roller tips (didn't get all the info yet).
His thinking on this is that it can either break and cause some damage
(stock rockers) or NOT break (these rollers) and cause no problems.  He
was skeptical of their causing further damage if something went south
but the rocker did not break, where my previous contacts said that would
happen.

Whadda ya think?  I appreciate your input!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)
#53 1967 Spitfire Mk3 "Tristan" (1296 cc)