fot

Aw, shucks!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Aw, shucks!
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:14:18 -0600 (MDT)
As a few of you may know, I'm selling my TR-250.  And the plan was to have the
thing driveable by this Saturday.  That's the day we have our annual British
Field Day here in Salt Lake, and it would be nice to let the prospective owner
take a trip or two around the little autocross course we set up.

Well, it may not happen.  I'm ready to lay the crank into the block, and crack
open the box of standard size main bearings from TRF.  They are not even
close.  I have no idea what they are, but I will say they are NOT standard
size TR-250 main bearings.  Shucks.  Once again, I regret not sending off a
Fat Chance Garage order to Ken G.

Anyway, I do have a hundred pounds or so of various British bearings, and an
extra TR6 crank that's 10 under on both rod and main.  I may be able to dig
around and get something worked out, we shall see.  If I don't get this 250
sold soon, my attendence at BRIC and VTR may be in question.  Drat.

mjb.