fot

Re: rocker arm ratio

To: Mordecai Dunst <mdunst@SMTPLINK.COH.ORG>
Subject: Re: rocker arm ratio
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 15:34:57 -0500
Mordecai Dunst wrote:

>      Any one have their opinion as to what the stock rocker arm ratio is on
>      a TR 4 motor?
>
>      I have two reliable but different answers- an oxymoron.
>
>      So, is it 1.5:1 or 1.42:1?-  or???.
>
>      I suppose I can jig it up and measure when all else fails.
>
>      Mordy

The Isky sheet that lists all six of their old Triumph grinds shows both
cam lift and valve lift. Dividing the two gives 1.46. I also checked
this for some forgotten, obscure, and unimportant reason and found it to
be true, according to my means of measurement, anyway. It was also
related to me by a maker of roller rockers (which I have not bought, by
the way). That idea continues to intrigue me and I'd sure like to see
dyno results on them. I do notice the big difference between turning
over an engine sans head vs. with the valve train completely installed,
but I haven't bothered to calibrate my arm yet. Hmm...suppose it could
be done with a torque wrench and then the old hp formula
applied.....naaahh, too simple.....
--
uncle jack the carfrek
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer