fot

Gloria/Southern Cross/Hot Summer Night

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gloria/Southern Cross/Hot Summer Night
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 13:50:55 -0500
http://www.vtr.org/SX/SX.html

Last night was one of the first extremely hot summer nights of the year.

The call to action: The TR3A was sitting in the garage, topless, and fitted
with a pair of Brooklands. Time to boogie.

Went to Waverly (Baxter's town of his youth & a military stop over for Duck
& Sue Waddle) to see Jack & Francis. Linda would have gone, but we are
separated....by two grandchildren and a Chow dog (it's a joke).  Great trip
15 mile trip....Jack & I plotted and planned the rest of summer,  including
BRIC & VTR. We looked at an TR4 engine about to be returned to the
Chicagoland area, and then peered at the computer's picture of a Gloria
(Dale Will's) and drooled and envied and whined about our bank balances.

The trip home required a stop in a huge gas station in the middle of
nowhere. The white TR3A picked up every bit of light from the fluorescent
bulbs in the canopy and was easily seen. The cashier lady, observing the
Brooklands, asked about the car and bugs. I said the windscreens were quite
effective. Persistent, she said "dont you have to scrunch down low. I said
no. She seemed to be satisfied, but eager to impress, I said that I used
this same windscreen on another similar car and it was quite effective at
racing speeds approaching 125 MPH.

I lost her at this point. I could see her mind go, "NAW!!!! this old f*art
is pulling my leg".

Oh ya, check out the VTR page listed above for Dale Will's Gloria. New FOT
member when we get his address straightened out....(BTW, Paul Richardson is
coming aboard as so as we get his address right, also)

I am going to take another run tonight...Linda's taking the Curtain Climbers
to the swimming pool.

Joe