fot

Re: Avon Standards

To: "Will, Dale" <dwill@consrv.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: Avon Standards
From: John Bishop <bishcon@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 00:42:57 +0800
Dale,
        Further to the email below I have scanned the Avon photos and they
are attached along with the Avon Vitesse and a great looking Swiss bodied
Vitesse. Also an interesting Standard V8.

        Have also included the original Autocar May 1935 Road Test of the 2
Litre Triumph Southern Cross. It should be clear at full scale.

Best regards

John Bishop

Dale,
        I have a book on the Standard Car which lists and has pictures of
most Standard Avon models. They were produced from 1929 to 1936 with the
largest number being Anon Nine Special 2 Seaters made in 1929 - 1931. From
1931 - 1934 they made mostly Avon Sixteen Sports and Sports Coupes. In 1936
there were the Avon Flying Twelve and Sixteen Saloons.

You may also be interested to know there were a few 1938 Avon-bodied Triumph
Vitesse Foursome Coupes Built. I understand there may be one survivor.