fot

Balance Tube

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Balance Tube
From: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 08:49:01 -0400
Amici,
As I contemplate cleaning up the inside of the intake manifold (TR-4), a
question arises. The balance tube, or whatever it is that you call that
little pipe thing that runs between the two intake manifolds at the
carburators; what's it for?  It looks like if you adjust the carburators
right it only confuses the air flow to the head. Now I do have a need for a
vacuum take-off for the power boost on the brakes, but I suspect that it
need not be as big and clumsy as this balance tube.  Whatcha y'all think?
Richard Taylor
Atlanta