fot

Re: bit Triumph weekend at Monterey Historic Races!

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bit Triumph weekend at Monterey Historic Races!
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:31:42
At 09:03 AM 8/17/98 -0700, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
>there was also
>a special that I didn't recognize in the paddock, other than tht
>it has a TR4 engine in it. I came to learn later that it's a
>"Morgan SLR +2".

In the early days of RMVR, one of the folks there had a Morgan SLR.
Very neat car, but its doesn't fly too well!  (He left the course
at high speed at a spot where he got airborn about 15 feet - there
was a fair bit of damage when it landed, but he had it fixed for
the race the next day).  As I recall, he sold it off to someone
who brings out to the race in Philly.

>But the real excitement was that ADU 4B was there, in original
>Le Mans livery. (Additional gauges on the dash lead me to
>believe that the engine compartment has been changed some; never
>saw it with the bonnet up.) It went out with all the under 2000cc
>sports/GT cars of that era - which includes Lotus 26R and Super 7,
>so it was relatively slow. But not the slowest in the group.

...how did it sound?

>And the TR250K was there, though it never made it out on track.

That would be fun to see under power.

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu