fot

Anyone out there race Donneybrook in early 1960s ???

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Anyone out there race Donneybrook in early 1960s ???
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:06:31 EDT
My quest for the history on the TR2 is now back to the 1960s. I have reached
Mr. Gaasvig, who told me that he did not race the car. He purchased the car in
the mid 1960s from a someone who raced it at Donneybrook and other midwest
tracks. He removed the roll cage and attempted to adapt the car for street
use. (He claims the compression was so high he had to put in additional head
gaskets)

Unfortunately, he does not remember from whom he purchased the car. But he
said that when he purchased the car it was blue and repainted it red. The only
other thing he did was to remove the roll cage. Anyone out there remember a
driver of a blue TR2 racing at Donnybrook in the early 1960s ?? Anyone know
who would have been sanctioning events at Donneybrook in the early 1960s in
Minnesota ??