fot

Re: HSR Daytona

To: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>, Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: HSR Daytona
From: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 16:13:57 -0400
Jeff,

Last year there was neither garages nor paved paddock available to the
prolitariate.  Neil, Rosenberg and I pitched our tent along with many, many
others in what became the bogs after an afternoon shower. By Saturday,
however, there were some excellant vacancies which came available by early
leavers. We moved en mass to some terrific high falutin' facilities.

Neil, Barry Rosenberg and I all plan to be there. Barry's TR-4 took first
place (Alan Taylor driving) at Road Atlanta two weeks ago and Neil third.
I was running fifth until my throttle linkage broke.  I lost two laps
before I could jerry rig it enough to finish.  Alan Pinal's TR-4 was the
fastest car in our class(w/ a 1:52, I think) but he DNF'd with some sort of
valve train problem.  There was a green TR-3 from Lexington KY which was
very fast also, but he didn't make the final race. My car's running much
better, but so long as I keep it streetable, I think I'm destined to be a
pack runner. Hey, at least I can now keep in the pack.  We're all headed to
Savannah this Thursday.  Hope to see you down there.  You looked like you
had mastered that track last year.

See you soon,
Richard Taylor, TR-4
Atlanta