fot

San Diego Concours deElegance

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: San Diego Concours deElegance
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:22:28 EDT
This the second year for the Concours at Torrey Pines (although the concours
it replaced was 18 years old). Wonderful location on the Torrey Pines golf
course. Some of the views are spectacular. Great cars - some very historic old
racers (and plenty of room to take pictures). Reasonable fees ($20.00 and kids
free) including program  Best T-Shirts I have seen in a long time ($15. each)
. And a great poster ($20.). So for the price of  $50. admission at Pebble
Beach (not considering the free parking and shuttle service), one came away
with great memories, great pictures, and great stuff with great convience. I
think its an up and coming event.

Next year, it is going to be in scheduled in November to coincide with Tony
Earle's race. They are racing on the naval airstrip. It will make a nice
weekend. I have not seen my triumphs at Earle's events. Just the Leman's
Spitfire and Peyote. I do remember seeing a TR3 some years back that was
passing a few italian cars. But none since.  Any particular reason why ?