fot

Re: All fiberglass TR3s /racks /beating MGs

To: AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: All fiberglass TR3s /racks /beating MGs
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:49:10 EST
In a message dated 11/3/98 6:04:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com writes:

<< I think Hardy Prentice can produce some fiberglass panels. Otherwise, I am
 not familiar with any producers.

<snip>
I have molds for the TR2/3  Bonnet,  TR3A/B Nose piece with the inside
rib for the cross tube, and all 4 fenders widened to clear SCCA sized tires;
and  I can produce each item from very light weight to very sturdy.

The factory TR3S cars had increased  box depth added to the frames in an
attempt to stiffen the chassis;
and rear brake cooling inlets in front of the rear
fenders for the rear discs!
 Hope that they find the TR3S pieces.  I always
figured that the TR3S cars were converted into the TRS cars, as the
TR3Ss seemed to have entered the "parallel universe" at the same time;
a great pity.

My race car has a shortened TR4 rack; my street TR3A does not.  It is
a major project, and a full understanding of bump steer is required at
the very least.

Regards,      HP

PS
To beat the MGs, why not use: a Spitfire (from the 40s) ?  No wide
tires, fender flares, or other modifications should be needed.