fot

THANKS!!!!

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: THANKS!!!!
From: Susan Hensley <susan@imagin.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 19:11:24 -0600
Thanks to everyone out there who helped me with my questions about fans,
etc. on race Triumphs!!!

I swapped blocks in Tristan today, thanks to two strong neighbors who
wandered over mid-morning to say hi and chat.  Guess I oughta get an
engine lift...  We got the block in and on the spindle, and it took 17
minutes less than the requisite 45 to get the block onto the trans (I
haven't been able to break the 45-minute mark until now!)!  I started
making my new oil lines last night, and need to clean the fittings
before I finish -- they collected all of the shrapnel in the system in
their grooves.  I need to buy and install a new oil pump and cooler,
clean and refit the deep-sump oil pan, reinstall the radiator,
shrouding, etc. I removed to facilitate block transferral, pick up the
head at the shop, check and possibly helicoil the block where the PO had
stripped a head stud, check the timing chain and tensioner, install the
new Accusump (my old one was too old and scored to clean), reinstall all
of the stuff like the carbs, distributor, etc., and a few other things
this week and Saturday, and hopefully can run the last 1998 Solo II next
Sunday!  I am buying a trailer with racing Lotus history (went and met
the seller, Tony Clark, 30 miles from here and spent a wonderful 5 hours
with him looking at everything in his shop -- GREAT Lotus history there
-- and talking cars), so I will tug Tristan out in style!

I won't mess with the current setup due to time constraints and cool
weather, but over the winter Tris will probably get an electric fan.  I
am still considering the alternator -- the small Delcos sound
promising...  Thanks again for all of the info and willingness to help!
 You guys are the greatest!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan (hey, my name has SU in it!)   :)

PS -- I managed to keep ALL of my nails!  I wore cotton gloves with
latex ones over them.  Beauty tip of the week...